2018 Stash Round-Up: First Cleansers

With the new year comes new resolutions and a mentality for a fresh start. Although I'm all about having a fresh start, I need to be able to look at the dust I've kicked up in the process and that's entirely what January is about!

I decided to partake in the AB New Year Stash Challenge on Instagram, hosted by PeepingPomeranian and MindYourBeauty. The idea is to round up EVERYTHING in your stash, even unused and hidden items from 2 years ago, and present them to the world. Share your experiences or the expectations you have for product X and toss away all the expired junk you have laying around. It's basically the cosmetic-specific Marie Kondo-ing.

If you haven't already checked my Instagram feed, I'm more than started, but I decided to take advantage of my flatlay binge and go a bit more in-depth with the items I'm laying out.


FIRST CLEANSERS

I received these two deluxe samples from a relative of mine. I haven't exactly gotten the chance to REALLY use these, except for once each time in the morning. They do have a subtle fragrance, the Ultime8 moreso than the Blanc:Chroma, but it dissipates quickly. The texture is extremely luxurious and leaves my skin feeling comfortable. 

These are my favorite lazy-day/I'm-late-for-work cleansing wipes. They're quick, fragrance-free, and gentle enough for my skin. I wouldn't say my skin is particularly sensitive but I have had allergic reactions to other cleansing wipes, plus I find they're too abrasive for my skin for everyday use. 

I HAD to purchase this after reading so many amazing reviews. This is a gel to oil formula, where it comes out exactly like a thick gel but when smoothed over the skin it dissolves makeup and any dirt or oils on the skin. It has a vibrant citrus fragrance, stimulating the senses, which is particularly enjoyable in the mornings. Unfortunately I don't really like this cleanser. It leaves a residue on the skin after removal, which absolutely requires a second cleanse. I mean, yeah, I should follow up with a second cleanse anyway, but I like to limit my cleanses to one in the mornings and I tend to choose oil cleansers for that task. I wouldn't repurchase this one.

Sephora Eye Make-Up Remover, Waterproof and Instant ($10.00-$11.00, 4.2fl oz)
I decided to include these two in my first cleansers. I bought the Instant cleanser at first and didn't realize it wasn't the waterproof version, but I went ahead and kept it anyway. Of the two I prefer the Waterproof cleanser since my mascara is waterproof, but that doesn't mean the Instant isn't good. It just takes a bit more effort to remove mascara with it. 

HOLY MATRIMONY. I undoubtedly love this duo, but mostly the creme cleanser. The cleansing balm is fairly standard and I love how well it removes makeup. Since it's in balm form it also travels well. The creme cleanser also seems fairly standard, but I love what it does for my dry skin, especially when blasting the heat at night. It keeps the skin nourished and definitely doesn't overstrip. Now I'm on the market for a creme cleanser since I'm converted and basically done with this duo already. The only gripe I have with it is the packaging, since they're side by side and I hate the idea of them possibly invading the opposite side. 

This is one of my highly revered cleansing oils. I love it with a passion. It's luxurious, effective, and leaves the skin feeling supple. Typically I use about one a half pumps for a full face of makeup and for the neck. It removes waterproof makeup effortlessly, making it ultra convenient. It also has a lockable nozzle and a cover so travelling with it is easy. 

These are the current first cleansers I have at the moment but I'm always on the lookout for new ones to try, or old ones to revisit. What are your favorite first cleansers? I would love to heart from you all! 

Comments