Mornings with Sunday Riley

Days before my trip to Japan I made a just-as-exciting trip to Sephora in order to return some not so favorable products (I'm not ashamed to say so! Ha ha). It was around this time that I lost my will to shop--nothing intrigued me, spiked my interest, or made me want to go bananas at the store--so I casually browsed around the store until I made my way to the skincare section and the sophisticated packaging of Sunday Riley's Ceramic Slip Clay Cleanser ($45) immediately caught my eye. The brand sounded familiar so I went ahead and grabbed a box. As I walked around the store a little longer, 3 employees came up to me, "that's amazing," "you're in good hands," "oh my gosh that's my holy grail." 
The Ceramic Slip Cleanser introduces a paraben-free formula with French green clay, black pepper, Vitamin C, sandalwood, jasmine, frankincens, and a bunch more. It aims to minimize pores, tone the skin, boost radiance, and aid against irritating skin conditions like eczema. 
The cleanser has a clay-like smell to it, with a mixture of herbs that make it therapeutic to use. I use this morning and night, 2-3 pumps depending on my mood, and lather it on my face. It claims to have an amazing foaming capability but... I don't see it, unless it's because I'm not using a generous enough amount. When I'm feeling bold I'll spread it on my face, leave it on for a minute, then use my Foreo mini for an extra deep cleanse. 
My skin feels fresh and well cleansed, yet still moisturized after using the Ceramic Slip Cleanser. I can't say for sure whether or not my skin has improved, due to my traveling conditions and constantly changing environments (from dry airplane air, to 80 degree Kyoto weather, to 90 degree 90% humidity Taiwan weather, and then to Tokyo... where it's basically 70 degrees and rainy). Regardless of that, given my skin feels like it's in good condition despite all the changes in environment, I'd say this cleanser has done a fantastic job. I highly recommend it for normal to oily skin, as I feel like those with dry skin may suffer a bit. The Ceramic Slip cleanser is just a gateway product into more Sunday Riley products and I'm truly excited to indulge!

Comments