Sunscreen | HOLY GRAIL

Summer is the time of the year when EVERYONE decides to talk about sunscreen, when really you should be wearing sunscreen every single day of every season. Sunscreen is important because not only does it protect you from harmful UV rays, but it's also one of the best things you can do against aging. It was only until the past year that I started wearing sunscreen religiously, which is extremely taboo as a beauty blogger, in my opinion, so I'm hoping that this helps you with your search for an amazing sunscreen. See that? I had to bold it. It's amazing. 

I was introduced to the Biore UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence SPF50+ PA+++ Sunscreen ($11 in US, $7 in JP) by a friend of mine. She was packing up to move back to Taiwan and was getting rid of LOADS of stuff, including sunscreen. She gave away three of these and one of those went to me. At first I just shrugged it off... I mean, it's just sunscreen. I had my share of sunscreen in the past, most were too oily for my combo skin, too dry for my combo skin, burned my eyes somehow, or had whitening properties and spread extremely poorly (sorry, Korean sunscreens). But I completely hit the jackpot with this one.
 The sunscreen has a slight lime green tint to it and a sweet tropical scent. Being water-based, it spreads extremely well while leaving a fresh feel to the skin. The little grains shown in the photo are "moisturizing beads" that really help to moisturize the skin without giving you a greasy feeling. After applying this sunscreen, my skin always feels baby-soft, moisturized, and protected. As the day goes on, my skin doesn't get anymore oily than it normally would, which is a good sign. The sunscreen also doesn't give you a white cast when using flash photography. 
When wearing this sunscreen, I like to wear it alone or under make-up. It doesn't ball up or make foundation application difficult, like other sunscreens I've used in the past. The moisturizing effect also makes it ideal underneath make-up, though I wouldn't use it in place of moisturizer. I have the say that this is the best sunscreen I've used and I highly recommend it to anyone. 

Ingredients: Water, Alcohol, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Lauryl Methacrylate/Sodium Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Diethylamino Hydroxybenzoyl Hexyl Benzoate, Dimethicone, Acrylates/C10-30 Acrylate Crosspolymer, Glyceryl Stearate, Agar, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Citrus Grandis, Citrus Medica Limonum, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis, Xylitol, Butylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Hydroxide, Potassium Hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol, Disodium EDTA, BHT, Fragrance

Comments