Soyoung x Memebox Value Set Unboxing + Product Review

Ever since the fall of Memebox's global empire (yes, empire) they began focusing on releasing new collaborations with Korean beauty gurus, models, and many others. Among the collaborations is the Soyoung x Memebox I Wish Lovely line, which contains three shadow sticks, two lip and cheek products, and one concealor. I purchased the value set for $38.00 with free shipping upon release about a month ago but I wanted to wait until I got a better feel for the products before I released a review. The value set contains three shadow sticks and two lip and cheek products. I figured I would be too dark for the concealor anyway... Ha ha.

The packaging for these products is phenomenal! I think it's by far my favorite from Memebox. I actually watched Soyoung's video on her products; she designed the packaging and worked with Memebox to perfect the product to her own liking. She states that she even chose how large she wanted the glitter in the shadows and the whole she-bang. 
The shadow sticks ($10.00 each) come in three colors, from left to right: 03 Lovely Deep Bronze, 02 Lovely Sepia, and 01 Lovely Rose Gold. Soyoung designed these shadow sticks to be easy to use for on-the-go. They're formulated with rosehip oil, jojoba oil, and argan oil, meaning they're nourishing while being the perfect pigment for your EOTD. They have also been formulated to dry within 10 seconds so you don't have to worry about anything leaving its place and getting all over your face. 
I find that these shadow sticks are truly amazing. They don't budge once you let them settle, and let me tell you, I didn't even use primer! They last all day and don't require any touch-ups. My favorite of the three would be Lovely Rose Gold because it's such a gorgeous shimmery shadow; I can't get over it. 
The thinner swatches are one swipe, while the larger ones are a few swipes. You can see in detail how large and how shimmery each individual shade is. Lovely Deep Bronze has soft gold specks, while Lovely Sepia comes off as more metallic throughout. Lovely Rose Gold is the ultimate glittery shadow.
The lip and cheek products ($15.00 each) only come in two shades: Lovely Pink and Lovely Peach. These are pretty much L'Oreal Extraordinaire by Colour Riche but more expensive. They smell like it, feel like it, and the applicator is basically the same. One difference between the two is that I would say these aren't as high shine as the Extraordinaires.
They don't last particularly long, in my opinion, but I don't find it to be a big deal. I'd say touch-ups for this product is about every 2-3 hours. They're really nourishing and moisturizing to the lips. They claim to dry to a matte finish but I didn't see that, though perhaps I applied it too condensed thus making it difficult to dry matte. Unfortunately, I've yet to try them as a blush.
Overall, I LOVE these products. I feel like they're well worth the money. They're a bit expensive, more expensive than your usual drugstore makeup, but I feel like they perform amazingly. The shadow sticks are one of the most amazing discoveries from Memebox, especially since I could care less for shadow sticks. I'm hoping they release more colors soon! What do you think?

Comments