Cailyn Tinted Lip Balm in Big Apple

Phew. So many reviews in one day. (; But that's okay. It keeps me busy. And plus! This is my study break. Ha ha. So I finally got around to using Cailyn's Tinted Lip Balm in Big Apple, which I received in my ipsy Glam Bag. 

 Unfortunately I didn't get a picture of the whole product, I completely forgot. But how the packaging works is, the lid is tall with a pull out lip brush. Pictured above is with one swipe of the lip balm, which if you ask me is more of a lipstick/stain. I like that it's an all-in-one product and makes for easy application. But I don't like that the packaging seems cheap. It squeaks as I twist off the lid, kind of like cheap plastic or something.
And here's the finished product! It took me awhile to perfect it because I feel like the formula is very light and it builds in color. So in some areas you can see where you applied more of it than in other areas, which sometimes gets annoying and makes for an unfinished and unkempt look. The name "lip balm" is slightly deceiving but it's better than a gloss. It has a nice matte finish. Overall I rate it a 7/10. Mostly because of cheap packaging, buildable coverage which can result in unkempt looks. I suppose I just didn't like this product as much as I thought I would.

What were your experiences?

Comments