Labor Day Weekend!

 Hello all!
I hope you had a wonderful American Labor Day weekend. My friends and I utilised this opportunity to go back home for about a day then head out to go hiking! We went to Hanging Rock Mountain in North Carolina. It was a small 1.3 mile hike. The weather was quite nice, slightly breezy, and not terribly scorching hot. Choy, Tou Vang, and I went with some of our friends (of which are UNC alumi) and their adorable daughter. She took this hike like a trooper. She kept going until she reached the top and I accompanied her.





 We made it back to the car just in time for it rain. At first we were going to go hike another trail but luckily we decided not to. After that we just went back to my friend's apartment, stayed the night, then left back to Chapel Hill on Monday (Labor Day). Choy, Tou Vang, and I decided to have Vimala's Curryblossom for dinner since we made no dinner arrangements previously. It has a cute courtyard with a small fountain. The outside atmosphere is really nice and calm.







So, I heard lots of good things about Vimala's, from vegetarians and non-vegetarians alike. I was really excited to try them out, unfortunately I didn't like them. I really wanted to like them. Maybe we just didn't get the right dishes? I don't know. But I wasn't absolutely satisfied with our meal. And it was quite pricey. On another note, there are many more restaurants for us try and this one was just a miss for us. After dinner we opted for about 2 hours of volleyball and a nice weekend, overall.

How was your weekend?

Comments