NARS Audacious Lipstick in Anna Review

NARS Audacious Lipstick in Anna, 4.2g for $32.00
A winner of Allure's Best of Beauty, the NARS Audacious Lipstick can probably replace all my other ones and I would be fine. Of the 40 different shades, I had to choose only one. Just one. I couldn't allow myself to buy more, but as my decision haunts me, I often check online and add more colors to my cart.
Of the 40, I chose Anna, a "smokey rose" hue.
NARS lipsticks, in my opinion, are some of the best on the market. They're long-lasting, hydrating, and always on point. Although the Audacious line is expensive--you can practically buy a YSL lippie with this price tag--it's definitely worth it.
Let's start with the packaging. The typical NARS lipstick packaging comes with the matte coated, velvety tube, but the Audacious has a sturdy, industrial-esque plastic tube with embedded magnets. Yes, I said magnets. If you put the cap on the "wrong way," the magnets will correct it and swivel around to the correct placement. Pretty cool, right? It's, officially, the coolest lipstick I own. Sorry, Tom Ford. 
The formula is also to die for. Using castor seed oil, candelilla wax, and shea butter, this lipstick provides a rich and non-drying formula. The lipstick is buttery soft and just melts onto your lips, creating a thick, opaque layer of beauty. This layer of beauty will stay on for as long as you want it to. For me it's usually a day, but you know... Lol.  It's also so long-lasting. I've eaten noodles, sandwiches, and a bunch of other foods and this did not budge. I also didn't need to reapply it at any time of the day. Of course, there is some transfer and excess product that will come off, but the transfer doesn't leave embarrassing naked spots on your lips. Lol.
Anna is a gorgeous shade, described as a smokey rose hue. Personally speaking, I feel like it's more of a nudy mauve. At first, I didn't like it at all. I was like... "This is way too purple-y for me. Rarr." xD After awhile, though, I began to really like it.
So you've heard my opinion on NARS lipsticks already, and for the Audacious line, it doesn't differ. The Audacious line is even better than their regular line of lipsticks. I highly recommend investing in these, even if it isn't exactly your thing. If you were to wear one lipstick, it should be this one. What are your thoughts?

Comments