Hourglass Modernist Eyeshadow Palette in Graphite Review + Swatches

All the hype on Instagram and YouTube, at $58.00 the Hourglass Modernist Eyeshadow Palette made its way only to the mailboxes of Sephora VIB Rouge members the first few weeks of its debut. Once this baby was made available to the public, I snatched the palette in Graphite, filled with a matte cream, gold, cool-toned dark brown, midnight blue, and a silver shadow. 

 The design of the palette is as sleek as always and just gives you the impression of something so luxe. The packaging is NOT finger-print proof, I've tested it, and that's a shame. These shadows are formulated without parabens, phthalates, and sulfates.
This palette contains a matte cream, a copper gold, a cool-toned dark brown, an iridescent blue, and a true silver. The way these shadows swatched was extremely powdery. I almost had to pat them on in order to swatch them efficiently, but when applied with a brush, these go on smooth and blend seamlessly. The pigmentation upon application is exactly what you see in the pan BUT by the time you're done putting on makeup, the pigmentation is almost gone. 
The beautiful blue turns silver and the gold diminishes into thin air. The only shade I found was consistent and apparent was the cool-toned dark brown, but who needs more of those? The matte cream shadow blends into my skintone so it doesn't impact my decision nearly as much as the gold and the blue do. I trialed this palette a few more times but the result was the same. 

Although this provides an array of unique shades, I don't find this product to be the least bit worth the investment. I get better LONG-LASTING pigmentation from my $5.00 Colourpop shadows. If this palette was $10... I may keep it just because it's pretty, but the formula is nowhere near worth the money. 

Comments