Top 3 Beauty Styles of 2015


The new year of 2015 brings new resolutions, winter cleaning, and products from all over the globe... causing us to all be broke by Valentine's Day (oops). Given all these new products and trends, I wanted to introduce my opinion on the Top 3 Beauty Trends for the year of 2015. 
For the first month of the year, I drowned in all these E-mails about new products and trends. After being confronted with this prompt, I definitely knew this would be a challenge. In doing this blog post, I have done "extensive" research (a.k.a, reading Allure, Byrdie, and etc. articles... LOL) and have chosen what all I feel are best to look at. *wink 
With skincare being the main topic of discussion for the new year of 2015, I feel it is only appropriate to speak about this portion of your beauty routine. Skincare is a daily part of your morning and night regimens and let's face it, if you aren't happy with your skin, you won't be happy with your make-up application. Because of that fact, I want to focus 2/3 of these trends on skincare.
It was very recently that Allure sent out a few articles claiming Korean skincare is going to be the next best thing in 2015. One article captioned, "The Secret to Why Korean Women have Amazing Skin" or something along those lines... Don't quote me on that. Ha ha. Plainly speaking, their answer was sleeping masks. Frankly, I am somewhat new to this whole Korean skincare regimen; I didn't start until August 2014 so I am a completely newbie with this stuff. BUT I can tell you that sleeping masks are amazing! My favorite one is the Mizon Snail Wrinkle Care Sleeping Pack.
This stuff is absolutely amazing. You will wake up with the smoothest and most radiant skin ever, and all it takes is a dime-sized amount before bed. You can purchase this bad boy at PeachandLily.com, or a more common retailer: UrbanOutfitters.com

Have you seen anything new at Sephora, say... with round packaging and available in various colors? No? Well you should take a second look! Sheet masks are emerging among American skincare brands and are quickly becoming popular. I personally have not tried the Sephora brand of sheet masks (approx. $6 each), but I have read reviews and we can safely say you should skip that. Instead, go to your local Korean or Japanese market and grab some for about $2.50, even $0.99. The only time sheet masks are expensive is if they're specialty (think of snail mucus sheets or even super-infused essences). If you don't have one nearby, check out Beauteque.com for one of the most amazing selections of sheet masks you can find. 
The reason why I advocate for sheet masks so much is because they are simply amazing! Typically they're cut-out cotton facial masks soaked in an essence, specified for your needs only. Given the facial masks are drenched in this essence, the excess has nowhere to go but to absorb into your skin, giving you the most healthy glow anyone will ever see. As said, each sheet mask will cater to your needs. Got acne? Grab a tea tree one. Need some hydration? Avacado's got your back! They're gentle enough to use daily and are the perfect pick-me-up.
Sheet masks are available at Beauteque.com, Us.Memebox.com, and PeachandLily.com 

The last trend I feel will be most popular this year is CONTOURINGGGG! They say the year of 2015 is the year of contouring and as a beauty addict, I concur. With all of these new contour kits coming out, I can definitely see this as being overwhelming, for pros and for beginners. You're probably asking yourself, "What should I get? What's worth it? How do you contour?" Well your questions will be answered with all these new kits coming out this year. Last year Anastasia Beverly Hills released her first Contour Kit, which is phenomenal by the way. The ABH Contour Kit is absolutely amazing, complete with refills and more shades than you can count. The most recent releases in 2015 are from: Kat Von D, NYX Cosmetics, CoverFX, and Laura Mercier. Don't worry, more are on the way. The one I'm most attached to it the ABH Contour Kit. I've had it for nearly a year and it is very near and dear to my heart. Let's not forget to mention you can customize your own.
The original ABH Contour Kit is available for purchase at Ulta.com, Sephora.com, and AnastasiaBeverlyHills.com

So that completes my Top 3 Beauty Styles of 2015! You can already tell I greatly emphasize skincare and base items, but there are plenty more in the beauty world that will be explored this year. With the Color of the Year being Marsala, we will definitely see fellow beauties adorned with this gorgeous warm shade. To sum it up, sleeping masks, sheet masks, and contour kits are must-buys for the year of 2015. So go get your shop on! 

*Disclaimer: This post is in participation with BeautequeMonthly's competition in order to bring you a lovely gift set! Head over to their Instagram (BeautequeOfficial) to learn more about this competition.

Comments