Fall Break!

Hey everyone!
So today is day two of post-Fall Break for me. I'd like to share a bit of it with you all. (:
To start off, I began my Fall break with an eye exam! Yayyy~ I haven't replaced my glasses in nearly... Three years. So it was about time. Considering back in high school one of my male friends decided that trying on my optical glasses would be a good idea, and let me tell you: it wasn't. He stretched them out and they were rendered useless because they kept sliding down my nose. To my surprise, I was eligible for two pairs of glasses, be it two optical glasses or one optical and one sunglasses. So I got one optical and one pair of sunglasses. I decided to go ahead and get a nice pair of aviators. (: Look at this beauty. And pardon the quality, I feel like it decreases when uploaded and filtered with Instagram. 
 Friday of Fall break, we celebrated my brother and step sister's birthdays. My brother turned 14 and my step sister turned 11. Boy do they age quickly. My mom made some pho (traditional Vietnamese soup made from beef bones, with meat, noodles, herbs, and seasonings). She also made some nab vam (tapioca dessert with coconut milk, sugar syrup, and other things desired), which I did not get a picture of. I made sushi. Just some california rolls and shrimp tempura rolls. (: We made some spicy mayo and eel sauce to eat with it. They were pretty delicious, but boy was it a lot of work!
 On Saturday, my brothers and I had to go to Charlotte to celebrate the same brother's birthday and my HALF sister's birthday. I didn't get many pictures from that but I do have the after-math. I always take this ceremonial trip to Amelie's French Bakery. This place is amazing and open 24/7. If you don't know about them, they catered the desserts from The Hunger Games movie. All of their desserts, coffee, tartines, sandwiches, and soups are amazing. I also saw something about them opening a new location in Rock Hill. So if you haven't tried their pastries yet, fly out to Charlotte give them a shot. Here I got a raspberry mini cup and a passionfruit mini cup. This is some good stuff. I usually get their raspberry petit four but they were out. As you can tell, I have a thing for raspberry and dark chocolate.

 This was my last day of Fall Break. I was headed back to Chapel Hill with Choy and Tou Vang (his roommate and our friend). Here was my outfit for that day. Old Navy cardi, F21 shirt, Michael Kors watch, tights, AEO socks, and vintage boots. Plus my makeup! (:

How was all of your weekends?

Comments