FIRST GLOSSYBOX! And a combined review of BCBGMAXAZRIA, Be a Bombshell, Oceane, and Emite.

Hey everyone!
So, as you know, I was super excited to receive my first Glossybox. I already knew what was coming in the box but just seeing an E-mail that I got a package really made my day (yay for uni students!). 
Now let me explain was came in the September box:
  • Nioxin Diamax Thickening Treatment
  • BCBGMaxazria Bon Genre eau de parfum spray
  • Be a Bombshell Liquid Liner in Onyx
  • Oceane Makeup Remover Pen
  • Emite Eyelash Curler

To start off with, I loove the packaging. The packaging box and the actual box were both very sturdy. Lovely boxes. I would keep them to wrap other presents in. Ha ha. So I was thrilled with the turn out of the items, about 3/5. I don't really use liquid liners much and I don't trust other eyelash curlers. I did end up trying them out anyway. 
To start off with, I got what I expected of the eyelash curler. It barely even curled my lashes. Perhaps I needed to use more force? I have no idea. But this didn't work for me. I stay faithful to my Shu Uemura mini lash curler. 
The BCBGMAXAZRIA Bon Genre parfum wasn't so bad. I'm a dedicated Marc Jacobs fragrance customer (mostly just Daisy, but I do enjoy the other ones, just not as much).  I only sprayed a bit on myself just in case I really didn't like the smell. After letting it settle for a few minutes, it smelled really good. Nice and floral. When first sprayed it smells pretty strong but it does mellow down. I'm not sure if it's cause I only sprayed a bit, but by the end of the day it was barely noticeable. Since I now know I do like the scent, perhaps I will apply more generously next time.
Next is the Oceane Makeup Remover Pen. This baby does wonders. I really like how they give us three refill applicators (bonus points!). I was worried about excess product getting on the applicator and how that was going to be handled, but voila! They provide us with refills. I really like the texture of the applicator because it's stiff. I thought it was going to be spongy and flimsy, but it's not! The stiffness allows for better control and this pen does a really great job. And it's only ~$5! 
And lastly, Be a Bombshell's liquid liner in Onyx. I wasn't too thrilled about receiving a liquid liner. I don't really use them, not even my Lancome one. But I have really come to like this one. The tip is shaped like a Sharpie marker, which makes the best winged eye. Just swipe and touch it up and you're good. I like the stiffness of the tip as well. It's not flimsy so you can have better control. This also stayed on throughout the day, through my sweaty face and junk. So props to them. This is how it turned out:

 
And here's my completed look:
 

So that sums about almost all the products. I've only used the Nioxin for one day and I'm already seeing some nice results. I'll continue use for about a week and let you all see the outcome. Thanks and stay tuned! (:


Comments