2014 Makeup Favorites!

 Hello lovelies! I am back from a teeny break. I ran out of blog posts so I went to work and took product photos and just got extremely productive! This is an overdue blog post but I wanted to make sure it was what I wanted it to be like. I haven't even filmed this video yet, which I'll probably do this weekend... Erg.
To make this as organized as possible, I decided to do a few products from each category (primer, foundation, concealor, etc etc) unless I only have one item in there that I really only use. I didn't include a "brow" category cause the only brow product I really use is the Anastasia Beverly Hills Duo Brow Powder and while it is a favorite of mine, I felt like I haven't explored nearly enough to say it's the best brow powder (though it probably is). Now with that in mind, let's get to it!
PRIMER--Tarte Clean Slate Poreless Primer ($30) and Napoleon Perdis Auto Pilot Pre-Foundation Skin Primer ($45). These two primers are my absolute favorite primers of 2014. They were some of my favorite beauty discoveries. The Tarte primer gives you the most perfect matted base. I originally received a sample of it and used it so sparingly--I didn't want to run out! I love it more than Smashbox's Photo Finish primers!
The Napoleon Perdis primer was a phenomenal beauty discovery, thanks to Glossybox! It's the most perfect hydrating primer in existence. It has a hefty price tag and I've put off purchasing the full size for as long as possible, but I figured I needed to buy it eventually. It's so hydrating and smooth, without making you oily. Make-up lasts all day and it's such a luxe item! 
FOUNDATION--BECCA Ultimate Coverage Complexion Creme ($44) is definitely one of my favorite foundations from this year. I really lived in it this whole summer and all of fall. I stopped wearing it around winter time because I need something a tad bit more hydrating. It has some of the most sophisticated packaging around. I always feel flawless with this foundation. 
CONCEALORS--Face Stockholm Concealor Stick in Light ($19) and Tarte Colored Clay CC Undereye Corrector in Light/Medium ($24). You're all probably thinking, "That concealor is WAYY too light for you!" but in all honesty, I love using this concealor to clean up my brows, apply as a shadow base, or use it as a highlighting base (you apply this to areas you want to highlight, blend, then apply a foundation/concealor that's closer to your color. Try it.). It's such a multi-tasker and I'm definitely going to repurchase it!
I discovered this underye corrector later in the year but I love it! It's so creamy and it doesn't crease! It does a great job at concealing my dark circles and I even use it around my lips to clean up my lipstick. 
HIGHLIGHTER--BareMinerals READY Luminizer in The Love Affair ($20) This is a limited edition highlighter but it is available as a blush/luminizer duo. This is a gorgeous beigey peach highlighter with a subtle shimmer. I lived in this during the summer. It doesn't emphasize any fine lines or wrinkles and just gives you the most healthy of glows ever. 
BLUSH--Witch's Pouch Love Me Blusher in Sexy Swan ($14) was an item I acquired through MemeBox. I didn't think I'd like it as much as I do but it's SO flattering. It's definitely a sexy color for a blush and it kind of gives you that "innocent" look. It's also HIGHLY pigmented. I apply this with a stippling brush, because if not... I would look like Kirby. 
CONTOUR--Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit ($40) was a blessing from the heavens. This was my first contour kit and it was the best investment I made in 2014. You can tell which shades I used the most and which I barely touched at all. This is the perfect introductory contour kit, as a beginner or a pro. Might I add that it's really affordable? 
MASCARA--Pixi Lash Booster Mascara ($15) and Ellis Faas Mascara ($34) were the perfect combo for me this year. I have EXTREMELY hard to curl lashes... Actually, I can curl my lashes just fine, it's just that no matter what mascara I wear, the formula drags it down, but not with Pixi. This is the only mascara I've tried that keeps them curled. And yes, I have tried waterproof mascaras. 
The Ellis Faas mascara is one of my favorite volumizing mascaras. This volumizes and thickens your lashes to the MAX without making it look clumpy and like insect legs. 
EYESHADOWS--Anastasia Beverly Hills Tamanna Palette ($29) and Too Faced Natural Eyes Palette ($36) received much love from me this year. The Natural Eyes Palette has the perfect assortment of neutral colors, as well as the shimmers. Love it! 
The Tamanna palette was purchased later in the year but... It's the perfect palette. Ughh. I cant get enough of it, honestly! I'm practically obsessed with this palette. I'm bummed I didn't get the Amrezy, but now I can customize myself one. Hehe.
LASHES--House of Lashes in Siren ($9/pair or $22 for 3) and Iconic ($12/pair or $30 for 3) are all I need in lashes. Siren has the most flirty appearance and Iconic is just so glamorous. The lashes speak for themselves. 

EYELINER--Sumita Kala Pencil Liner ($19) and L'Oreal Carbon Black Telescopic Liquid Liner ($6). The Sumita is my absolute favorite liner to tightline and use on my waterline. It doesn't smudge and the intensity is just spot-on. Unfortunately, I'm not sure if they still sell this one in particular (judging from their website). 
I don't have a recent picture of the L'Oreal because I ran out and didn't restock. I love this liquid liner! The applicator is easy-peasy and the matte finish just blows me away. It isn't waterproof but it's nothing I had issues with. I'm definitely repurchasing this baby. 
LIPSTICKS--NARS Audacious Lipstick in Anna and Anita ($32) and Tom Ford Lipstick in Spanish Pink ($50) are probably my favorite lipsticks of 2014. I didn't purchase Anita until 2015, so it's just in there for looks, ha ha! But the formula of the Audacious line cannot be beat. It's the most amazing formula in existence. I never touch up because I never have to and the pigmentation is by far the best. 
Spanish Pink made it to my favorites because this color was worn almost all the time. I've already used half the tube... And I've had it for about half a year. The formula isn't very long-wearing but it is very mosturizing. Tom Ford makes beautiful colors and I don't think I'll be able to find a dupe for Spanish Pink. 
BEAUTY TOOLS--BeautyBlender ($20), Wayne Goss Brush 01 ($45), Wayne Goss Brush 02 ($35), Sephora Stippling Brush (came in a set), EcoTools Face & Body Sculpt Brush ($12). These tools are just simply amazing. The BeautyBlender was introduced to me by Glossybox and I cannot thank them enough. I am completely hooked on this! Luckily they had a promo going on and I was able to get 3 for $30! 
The Wayne Goss brushes are godsend. Brush 01 is a bit small but I get the most flawless foundation application with this brush. Brush 02 is the softest brush I own. It applies highlighters so effortlessly. These are such a treat and completely luxe.
The Sephora stippling brush is definitely one of my favorite multi-taskers. It applies foundation seamlessly, it applies higlighter like a charm, and it applies blush like a piece of cake. It shed quite a bit at first but now it's stable. 
The Ecotools Face & Body Sculpt Brush is the perfect brush for powder contouring and highlighting. I love using my BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed with this brush. It's so fluffy and does a wonderful job at blending out your contour and your highlight. It's also extremely affordable.

So that's it for my 2014 Makeup Favorites! I'll be doing a Skincare segment soon so keep an eye out. What were your makeup favorites for the year of 2014? Have you tried out any of these products? 

Comments