First Impression + Swatches: Melt Cosmetics Dark Matter & Love Sick Eye Shadows

 Helllloooo beauties! I recently did a huge cosmetics haul (in my opinion...) and among those products are the infamous Melt Cosmetics Dark Matter and Love Sick shadows. Initially I wasn't going to get them because when I found out they're $48 per quad... I was like, 'HOLD THE DOOR! That's expensive.' But after sitting on it for a bit, I realized I really wanted them. Let's also not forget to mention Morphe released the Jaclyn Hill palette, which was about $30, but they also had server issues and I couldn't access their website at all. That may have been the deal breaker... But I don't regret this decision one bit.

 Melt Cosmetics is known for their line of lipsticks and the uniqueness of the colors offered. They recently began to branch out and released their new shadow collection. The collections, Dark Matter and Love Sick, contain vegan and non-vegan eye shadows, while providing richly pigmented and super blendable formulas. 

 Dark Matter is a quad for the bold and daring. From left to right are the shades: Blurr, Unseen, Enigma, and Dark Matter. From the website:
BLURR- a soft beautiful blending/eraser shadow
UNSEEN- a cool-medium delicious caramel brown
ENIGMA- a beautiful rusted red-brown
DARK MATTER- the most pigmented pitch-black
 I initially wasn't going to purchase Dark Matter because I felt like I already have similar shadows... And then there's Enigma, the red eye shadow that I don't have and long for. I also felt like a first impression and review wouldn't be complete unless I purchased both quads. Ha ha! How's the justification? 
I will also excuse my lack of ability to do decent swatches... 

 I have been in the most burgundy of moods this season, and that hasn't ever happened to me. So this is the beloved Love Sick quad. The shades are as follows: Promiscuous, Fixated, Amelie, and Love Sick. Descriptions of the shades from the website:

PROMISCUOUS- a beautiful color changing violet-blue! Use it alone, or combine it with black to reveal a completely different shade!
FIXATED - a gorgeous matte grey inspired by one of our favorite lipsticks, Space Cake, so pigmented and cool you have to see to believe 
AMELIE- a perfectly peachy gold, you'll want to add it all over Cheeks! Highlight! Eyes! It glistens and glides on with ease
LOVE SICK- a beautiful ultra-matte burgundy-red ...inspired by our most popular lipstick 6six6! 
Amelie is one of the most beautiful shadows I've seen. Promiscious has such a lovely iridescence to it as well. I'm so drawn to all of these shadows. Here are (terrible) swatches: 
And here, I just wanted to compare the size of the shadow to an Urban Decay single shadow and a Le Metier de Beaute shadow. It seems about the same size (or perhaps a bit larger) than LMdB, And it's definitely larger than Urban Decay's single shadow. The Melt Cosmetics shadows come out to $12 per shadow. Behind the "Melt" stack is a mirror, which I did not take a picture of. 
The quads are magnetic and stick to each other, which enables customization, if desired. They each have the names of the shadow printed on the back as well. 
I will say, do not try to slide these close... Because I tried and I put a dent in Fixated and Unseen... I am truly sad about that. Ha ha. These are also prone to falling apart if you don't position them correctly and ensure the magnets are stable. So while I like the idea of the magnets... It's very disheartening when they fall... ): 
These shadows are highly pigmented and they blend so beautifully. They inspire me so much! I just want to do a bunch of bold and crazy shadow ideas, but I don't have the time. Come weekends, you will see more look done with these two quads. (: 

Comments

  1. Simply BEAUTIFUL!

    Senay x
    http://pretty-little-things-xo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment