A QUICK REVIEW: TEADORA Nourishing Lip Butter

TEADORA Nourishing Lip Butter in Rainforest at Dawn, 0.5oz for $15.00
 Hello lovelies! The new semester has just begun and I am piling on the reviews and blog posts! I'll now resume my weekend posts, for the most part. 

TEADORA is a new brand with products focusing on ingredients from Brazil. Glossybox was the first retailer to expose the brand to me, personally, but they have made appearances elsewhere, including on Hautelook. The Nourishing Lip Butter has an abundance of good-for-you ingredients. From the website:

Packed with antioxidant and vitamin-rich Buriti, Brazil Nut, Andoriba, Maracujá (Passion Fruit), Açaí oils, Cupuaçu, Murumuru, Mango butters plus Carnaúba Wax, our Rainforest at Dawn Lip Butter comes in a delicious citrusy flavor we call Laranja - which means orange in Portuguese - and provides light exfoliation and intense hydration for your lips.

The first thing I noticed about this product is the smell, which is a wonderful orange scent. The product itself is as hard as a rock. You really have to work into it and rub your finger over it in order to soften the lip butter. The texture is too gritty, in my opinion. The light exfoliation is more off-putting than it is favorable. The taste of the lip butter is just as it smells, but it isn't a pleasant taste. In order to avoid as much, I apply the lip butter to the very outer edges of my lips.
Overall, I am not impressed by this lip butter. I don't like the exfoliating characteristic and the taste isn't for me. As far as providing hydration, I feel like it kind of sits on top of my lips for a bit, then it absorbs and leaves my lips soft. Regardless of that, I would not purchase this product.

Comments