Beautylish Fukubukuro/Lucky Bag 2015: Bold

Hello lovelies! As you all know, I posted about Beautylish's annual Fukubukuro event! Fukubukuro is a Japanese New Year custom where retailers sell mystery bags filled with goodies (I'm guessing like a year-end clearance sale). Beautylish takes part in this custom and names these goodie bags "Lucky Bags." This year they offered three bags: bold, natural, and make-up artist. It was limited one per customer and went on pre-order on December 26th at 12PM EST in order to ship them out on January 2nd, 2015. 
I stalked the crap out of the tracking number for this package, only to have FedEx not update it for 5 days, and delay the delivery date. ): I was soooo sad. You can imagine what it's like being a crazy make-up lady. Ha ha. So anyway, as the title implies, I purchased the bold bag. The reason why I purchased it was because I feel like I have tonssss of neutral browns and such, so I felt like a change of pace was needed. 


 Lit Cosmetics Summer Sparkle Lit Kit in Afternoon Delight, FULL SIZE at $13.00
Kevyn Aucoin Eye Shadow Duo in #212, FULL SIZE at $42.00

I'm not a HUGE glitter person, so this will probably go unused. I may end up selling this on my blog sale or something. It's a really pretty mixture of purple and silver/white glitter, but it's something I wouldn't ever use.

I have a Kevyn Aucoin shadow duo and I do like the formula of the shadows. The one I have is in #206 and the blue kind of mutes down to a grey after awhile. We'll see how these do with pigmentation and lasting power (in terms of colors not changing).
 Indie Lee CoQ-10 Toner, FULL SIZE at $32.00

I'm very interested in this toner! It contains aloe vera and hyaluronic acid, so it's supposed to be really hydrating for your skin. It also contains CoQ-10, which is 'a powerful antioxidant found naturally in almost every sell of the body.' I'm excited!

 Ellis Faas Macara in Milk Chocolate, FULL SIZE at $32.00
Wayne Goss Brush 15, $25.00

I have this Ellis Faas macara and I love it! It does an AMAZING job at volumizing your lashes. The only thing is that this is a light brown shade. I don't think I'd use it for my lashes.... But I'm wondering if I can put it on my brows to texturize it... (too many ideas... again. lol.)

I'm always thrilled to get brushes! I was kind of hoping for the Holiday brush (in my dreams...) but I knew that was pretty fetch (yes, I said that). I love WG brushes, they are simply the most amazing brushes ever. I suspect they're on par with Chikuhodo (they're both made in Kumano, Japan, which is known for their fine craftsmanship and quality of brushes, especially) but I haven't tried Chikuhodo yet so I can't quite say. 
RCMA Make-Up Highlight and Contouring Palette, FULL SIZE at $30.00

I think I was really surprised about this item at first glance. This has been on my to-buy list for the longest time but I never found the mood to dish out $30 for this and now it's in my possession! It's like they read my wishlist... LOL. I'm definitely going to put this to use. Eeek!

The overall value of this year's Lucky Bag, for my bag, is $176.00. The price tag on these bags was $75, with a value of AT LEAST $150. Some lucky folks got a minimum of $220 I believe (with bonus products). Mine is well over $150 and I'm so thrilled with most of the products. The only one I won't be using is the Lit Cosmetics glitter... And I have ideas about the Ellis Faas mascara. Ha ha. I can't wait for next year's Fukubukuro event with Beautylish!
What do you think? 

Comments