Snow day! +Tutorial

Hello ladies and gents,

Today was a lovely snow day. My friends and I decided to take some photos (candid and some not). It was so cold my wellies turned cold. Ha ha. 
 Up top is the Old Well. This was the best shot I could get without anyone being in it. ): Then it's Wilson Library. Lovely, isn't it? Anyway, let's go on with the look now.

Unfortunately I don't have step-by-step photos of how I did my makeup today but I can give you the jist of my face routine. 

Base
Dab a reasonable amount of foundation onto spot areas of your face: Forehead, each cheek, along nose, and chin. If you excess product, just place it wherever else you feel you need a bit more coverage. Next, take a stippling brush and spray some water on it. Blend.
Products Used: 
Sephora Stippling Brush (from a Holiday collection)

Conceal
Now we will further conceal problem areas. Dab a bit of concealor onto areas you want to cover. For me, I did my undereyes, around my mouth, and acne. Take your stippling brush and stipple it lightly. 
Products Used:

Contour
Now it's time for the fun part! We'll be contouring our face. I contour below my cheekbones, my jawline, forehead, and nose. I used Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit. Today I used Fawn to contour. To highlight I used Banana, on my undereye (to enforce the concealor), cheekbone, laugh lines, cupid's bow, chin, and the space between your jawline and cheekbone. I also used a bit on my forehead. Next I used Sand on the top of my nose and lightly brushed it upwards towards my face. This gives a dewy glow. 
Sephora Powder Brush (from a Holiday collection)

Blush
Using a large face brush, blend BellaPierre's Desert Rose mineral blush. I chose this one for today because it has a really nice warm tone to it, perfect for this cold weather. 
Products Used: 

I've already posted a brow tutorial so I'll skip that. Let's go for the eyes now.

Eyes
So for this look I used the Stila Luxe Eyeshadow Palette. Here's a look:
Photo from 6pm.com

This is just for reference for the look. Since I didn't do step-by-step, I'll be working off of one picture and highlighting where I put each color. (:

After applying a primer, use an all-over shadow brush and apply Bubble Bath all over your eyes. 

 Now we'll apply Silk along our crease and extend upward. Make sure to blend it well.

 Apply BonBon onto your crease. Don't worry if it gets elsewhere. You should also blend it into your outer eye and up towards where you ended Silk. Blend the shadows together.

Now apply Bordeaux to your crease and outer eye. I used a small all over shadow brush. Grab a fluffy brush and blend it. 

Apply Cashmere to the outer corner of your eyes. Blend well.

 Next we'll clean up fallouts. Grab your concealor and apply a small amount to create a nice, colorless area. 

For your tearducts, dab Pink Diamond on to them. It will add more shimmer to your eyes.

Using Lit Cosmetics, grab their gold pigment and swipe it under your eye, from your tearduct and outward to create a wing. Extend it slightly further so you can make room for your winged liner.

After that, create your winged eye (I use Ardency Inn's Punker to create a sharp wing, then line my lids with Lancome's Artliner). Curl your lashes and apply some falsies (House of Lashes in Tigress, DUO Lash adhesive). 
And viola! You're done with your eyes! (:

Lips
I did my lips really simple today. I applied NYX Cosmetics' Iced Honey lipstick and then topped it off with Yves Saint Laurent's Volupte Sheer Candy Glossy Balm in No. 10.

Now you're done! (:


Comments