Secret Nature Jeju Cream Review

Secret Nature From Jeju Cream, 50ml, $31.00 via us.memebox.com
The Secret Nature From Jeju Cream is described to be an explosively hydrating and nourishing cream, filled with broccoli, aloe vera, carrot, and asparagus extracts. All of the ingredients are from Jeju Island, the Korean equivalent of Hawaii. This cream is supposed to supply long-lasting hydration and enhance the skin's protective barrier and immunity. 
I received this item in a swap. It costs $31.00 from us.memebox.com or you can find it on eBay for cheaper (perhaps even testerkorea.com). 
This product comes in the most adorable packaging, perfect for any vanity. It comes in a rounded, clouded glass jar with a bamboo/wooden lid. It also comes with a safety cap, so if you ever purchase this and it doesn't come with it, you know something's up. The cream also smells amazing. It has a fresh scent to it and isn't overpowering. It's consistency is so thick and creamy. It kind of feels like a really thick version of the pur~lisse moisturizer and feels almost serum-like. 
Upon application the cream is really nice and smooth. It's calming to the skin and doesn't cause irritation. After slathering it on, it almost seems to have a satin-velvety look to it. 
During the course of using this, I realized at first it was quite amazing. It kept my face hydrated throughout the day and I didn't feel the need to add extra moisture. Giving it a few more days... I realized it doesn't fully absorb. Sometimes if I touched my face (out of habit), I would get product, or my skin?, balled up and it wouldn't look great at all. After a few more days, I realized it wasn't hydrating enough. With the cold weather, my eczema began to take toll on my face and this cream didn't help to hydrate it much. 
Given my personal needs during the colder, drier season, I felt like this cream wasn't sufficient. I have combination skin but during the winter, my dry areas are eczema-dry and this cream couldn't aid in that aspect of my needs. I feel like this would work well in warmer seasons, but at the same time I'm not fond of the level of absorption. I also tested this under make-up and it was a wreck. I used my beautyblender and the stippling motion caused the cream to coagulate and peel. I called it quits at that and just washed my face and remoisturized without this cream. I have mixed feelings about this. I will continue to use it AT NIGHT but I don't think I would purchase another jar.

Comments

Post a Comment