MemeBox Special #55 Step-By-Step Skincare Review

 Hello hello! I've been gone for over a week now and I feel like that's a bit too long to be away from my blog, or perhaps I'm just overly attached. Ha ha. I have patiently waited for this box to arrive, especially since it's the last box I have in my MemeBox queue. Sometimes I feel like it needs to be replenished, but I'm using my paychecks to purchase Christmas gifts for the upcoming holiday and I probably won't be grabbing another MemeBox until next year. Though, I'm not too heart-broken about that since there aren't many boxes that appeal to me at the moment. 
I had a bit of a flop with this box. The post office attempted to deliver it but no one was home and the apartment office was closed! It was such a sad day. I had to reschedule a delivery, which wasn't terrible but it definitely made me take the extra time to get everything on track. xD
I wanted to go over the idea of this box, just for those of you who aren't familiar with some of the "steps" MemeBox includes. This box contains a toner, an essence, ampoule, moisturizer, sunscreen, and a treatment (mask). This basically gives you a whole skincare regimen, which is awesome! Once I saw this box, I had to have it. 
So for the steps that may seem a bit unfamiliar: an essence is kind of like mineral water, except 100x better... Maybe. It's supposed to work on a cellular level to provide more moisture to your skin, among other things; an ampoule is a super concentrated serum, essentially. 
So now that we're on the same page, I think we should all take a look at the contents.

 Mizon Alcohol Toner Mojito, FULL SIZE (150ml) at $22
Tonymoly  My Sunny Milky Sun Cream SPF 35PA+++, FULL SIZE (45g) at $10

The mojito toner is supposed to have everything in it that a mojito does, and that does include alcohol. I've been told to be cautious with alcohol in skincare products, but I already use a lot of products with sake in it, so I think there's no point in me listening to that anymore. Ha ha! This toner is supposed to prevent skin impurities from clogging you pores and provide nutrients for dry, tired skin. Sounds good to me!
I'm actually excited to try out this sun cream. My current sunscreen has become problematic for me (the moisturizer and sunscreen combo causes the sunscreen to ball up on my face if I rub it...). Let's hope this works well!
 She's Uris Rice Water Double Action Moisturizing Cream, FULL SIZE (80g) at $42.00
Migabee Royal Jelly & Honey Energy Ampoule, FULL SIZE (12ml) at $30.00

Both of these items are completely up my alley. I have like 230482845 creams right now, but that doesn't prevent me from trying out new ones. The cream contains rice bran water, which is great for brightening and toning the skin! I'm definitely going to use this.
I'm thrilled to receive an ampoule at such a convenient time. I recently just used up my serum so this is currently in use. It has nice floral notes to it, but it's not overwhelming, which is a good thing. It's supposed to soothe, moisturize, and strengthen your skin's natural protective barrier. 
insobeau Super Yellow Intense Renew Essence, FULL SIZE (30ml) at $78.00
Taphre Special Care Mask, FULL SIZE (25ml) at $7.00

I love receiving essences in these boxes! Essence products are extremely expensive so I always welcome them when I get them, as well as emulsion products. This one aims at preventing fine lines and wrinkles. I'm actually using Missha's Time Evolution essence at the moment, which is supposed to be a great dupe for the SKII essence (review soon!). This essence will be put to work asap!
I can never have enough sheet masks... But I completely purchased too many during my trip to New York. I'll probably gift this since the holiday season is soon approaching. 

For this box, I paid $29.00 + $6.99 in s/h and received $189.00 worth of products! I think that's the best value I've seen from MemeBox. I'm glad I could end my queue with a bang. I will use all of these products except for one (but it isn't much of a loss). I'm thoroughly excited for all of these products and can't wait to review them! What do you think of this box?

*I started experimenting with taking product photos and decided to change it up a bit. What do you think of these product pictures versus previous ones? Should I keep displaying them up-close or do them further away?

Comments