pur~lisse pur~moist hydra-balance moisturizer

pur~lisse pur~moist hydra-balance moisturizer for normal to dry skin, 1.7oz at $55.00
 In my [current] phase of being obsessed with subscription boxes, I noticed tons of subscriptions released Pur~lisse products. I was always just hoping to receive a product, mostly because they're so expensive and I wanted to see if they were worth the money. To my satisfaction, I received the perfect product: a moisturizer. The Pur~lisse pur~moist hydra-balance moisturizer is suitable for dry, sensitive skin. It's the product you want when anti-aging is right up your ally. As a person with dry skin for the first 20 years of her life, over the past year my skin has been changing. It's gone from dry to combo and it truly felt like it happened overnight. Regardless of that, I'm happy to say I can provide input for both, dry and combo skin types.
I've always been cautious of anti-aging products. I had a really bad experience with Estee Lauder's anti-aging and lifting creams and since then I've been afraid of some products. [Spoiler alert! This didn't tear up my face.] Pur~lisse products aren't made with any harmful ingredients, such as parabens, petro chemicals, phthalates, synthetic colors or fragrances, and the like. The company focuses its products on five main ingredients: blue lotus flowers, lupine peptides, white tea, soy protein, and sea silk. They combine Chinese beauty rituals with French skincare technology. They seem to really cater to those with sensitive skin, which I feel is important. Sometimes the hardest thing is wanting to try out a product, with no specifications of its compatibility with sensitive skin. Thumbs up to Pur~lisse.
Now, to the main item, the moisturizer itself wears kind of like a serum. It's not very lotion-y and it doesn't remind me of a creme of any sort. The texture is like a rich serum with a milky, moisturizer-like color that leaves you with a dewy finish. It doesn't absorb automatically so you have to give it some time. It works really well for dry skin. My face was moisturized, I love the dewy finish, and my skin looked plump and supple. For combo skin, it was a bit too much for my T-zone... Or just my forehead, which gets really oily, relative to how [not] oily it was before. Now if I use this moisturizer, I skip my forehead because it's not fitting for it. 
Overall, I really like this moisturizer but I don't think it's worth the price tag. If anti-aging is something you worry about, then I definitely recommend you to try it out. It's great for sensitive and dry skin, and it's not greasy either. Basically, I like the product but not the tag. 
What do you think?

Comments