BeautyBar + Allure's Sample Society November Box!

Hey everyone! I am super excited since today I received my first Sample Society box! Yayyy~ I was anticipating this for the longest time and I am thrilled that they ship out on the first week of the month. Let's take a look at the unpacking process:


The box, I found to be very nice and sturdy, which I love. The lid has a nice, snug fit. Overall, a nice quality box. They also include a booklet on How-To's. This one teaches you how to do a soft bun, natural ways of anti-aging (drinking water!), makeup trends for the fall and skin care, and small beauty how-tos from the runway (Tom Ford). And here comes the product list and prices! (:
 Here is a picture of the items. Above has the items and prices, but here are the estimated prices for the amount of product received:
  • Jane Iredale Lip Drink Lip Balm, estimated amount: .5floz at ~$2
  • Borghese Splendore Brightening Makeup, FULL SIZE at $29.50 ($30 on their website)
  • Annick Goutal Eau d'Hadrien Eau de Toilette, .06floz/1.75ml at $2.75
  • Murad Hydro-Dynamic Ultimate Moisture, 0.25floz/75ml at $9.56
  • Illume Balsam & Cedar Metallic Tin Candle, 30g/1oz at ~$3

I'm very excited to try all of these products, especially the Borghese. This box has a total, estimated value of  $48, which is pretty darn good. I'm a bit skeptical about the Murad since it's an "age reform" product and anti-aging or any product dealing with "age" or "youth" tends to negatively impact my skin. I'll probably try it out for a day or so and see how it goes. I love the smell of the candle. I'm very picky with scents but this one is phenomenal. Unfortunately, I can't have candles in my university apartment (seriously, right?). So I may just have to wait until the holidays, when I go back home, to use it. 

What products did you received?

Comments