HELLO

I've been gone awhile now and I'm finally coming around to review my Byrdie + Glossybox. (: Just for a recap of the products:
  • Tarte's Lights, Camera, Flashes Statement Mascara
  • Fresh Lotus Youth Preserve Face Cream
  • Bvlgari The Vert Fragrance
  • Sesha Skin Renu Exfoliating Gel
  • Balance Me Shine On! Tinted Lip Salve in Beige

Tarte's Lights, Camera, Flashes Statement Mascara
So recently I viewed the above video and decided to try this out. Luckily for me I got pictures of this mascara BEFORE trying this technique. 

 
So when you evaluate this, to me, the technique application looks much more smooth. I do have difficult lashes, which probably affects the way my mascara looks. The way you're supposed to apply the Tarte mascara is that there are two different bristles on the one wand, resulting in you twisting the wand as you apply. This is supposed to help separate lashes. I'm not the best at doing that.
Overall, I give this product a 7/10. The formula is nice and I like the idea but it clumps a bit after the second application and it's a heavy formula. It's tough to curl after applying and weighs down my lashes. I've used better mascaras before. One thing I do like is the wand and the packaging. 

Fresh Lotus Youth Preserve Cream
I'm not a bit fan of Youth/Anti-Aging creams but I decided to give this one a try to get the most out of my money. I previously tried an Estee Lauder anti-aging cream and it completely broke my out and made my skin all bumpy. Fortunately, Fresh's did not. It smelled kind of like cucumbers (to me anyway). It didn't hydrate my skin like I would have liked and it didn't do much to help my skin, but it didn't worsen it either. In any case, this wouldn't be a product I purchase. I'll probably give the rest to my mom to try out. (:

Bvlgari The Vert
As mentioned earlier, I'm not much of a fragrance person but Glossybox is changing me. They got me hooked on BCBGMAXAZRIA and now Bvlgari. This fragrance smells sooo good. It doesn't remind me of green tea or anything but it has a nice smell to it that I can't figure out. It's kind of herbal and a bit spiced. You just have to smell it to know what I'm talking about. (:

Sesha Skin Renu Exfoliating Gel
I've never really used exfoliating gels before and I am super impressed. I thought it was kind of odd that we had to use this with DRY skin, until I realized what it does. Most times when something says "gel", they really just mean something that lathers just like everything else. But this time it was different. The exfoliating gel clings onto dead skin and you get balls of skin coming off of your face. I love this product. I use it twice a week and my skin feels so nice afterwards. I'm wanting my sample to never run out. Ha ha. I'll have to buy it eventually. 

BalanceMe Lip Salve
Overall, I am not a lip gloss person and this is exactly what this is. It doesn't really feel too sticky like other lip glosses. I wore it to sleep and my lips felt fine the next morning. This product just isn't for me and won't be something I use.

Comments