Neutral Smokey Eye Makeup Tutorial

Hey everyone! So I received a request for an eye make-up tutorial on a neutral smokey eye. Hopefully this will deem helpful to you all. (:


Let's start!

 Begin by applying an eyeshadow primer. I use Too Faced Shadow Insurance. You don't need much but make sure to apply to your tearducts and about half way to your eyebrows. 

 Next I will be applying a shimmery cream. I used the one from DollyWink's Koji Eyeshadow 01 Brown palette.
Apply around the tearduct and all over the lid.
 Next, get out one of your nice, pigmented blushes. Here, I used The Body Shop's blush in 04. We'll be using it as an eyeshadow!
 Apply this with a shadow brush above the cream. Make sure to blend it nicely. I applied some towards my tearduct as well.

Now I'm using Teddy Bear from my Too Faced holiday palette. Apply to the crease of your eyelid and 1/3 of the outer corner of your eyelid. I used an angled shadow brush AND a regular all-over shadow brush to help the pigmentation.
 Now let's go back to the DollyWink. We'll be using the darkest shadow (super dark brown).
Grab your all-over shadow brush and apply this to the outer area of the crease and work your way to the lower lash line. Just a few dabs here and there is fine.
 Now let's get the Jelly Pong Pong out. This baby has a slight shimmer and has a green tint to it.
Apply it very lightly along your upper lash line and on the eyelid. Smudge it slightly on the outer corners.
Apply Emite's Damson Black eyeshadow to the outer edge of your eyelid to create a smokey effect. Use Chella's Ivory Lace Highlighter on your lower lashline and set it in with the same cream color previously applied to your tearducts. Line your eyes with a liquid liner and apply a coat of mascara to your lower lashes in order to create a more dramatic look.

Viola! You're done. (:

Comments