Winter Blues

Hi everyone!
So lately, there have been lots of questions circulating about dry skin remedies or techniques, so I decided, "Hey, why don't I talk about it?" First off, I have dry and sensitive skin. I have eczema around my neck and jawline area (they are like patches), and I recently just found another little guy/patch on my cheekbone (it must be from the dry winds).
A few tips:
  • Cleanse and moisturizer your skin twice a day. This is key. You need to keep your skin clean and moisturized. Make this a habit. I did this foreverrr and I had nice skin. I stopped cleansing in the mornings for a few weeks and my skin went berserk. I started cleansing my face twice a day, again, and things got better. Make sure to moisturize your body after you shower. Moisturizing your body also helps to reduce cellulite (it's the massaging motion that helps to reduce it, and lotion helps with that). So don't spend too much money on cellulite reducing lotions, just use your trusted lotion and use it everywhere!
  • Exfoliate, at most, twice a week. Exfoliating once a week is good enough, but if you're feeling a bit oily, twice a week is fine too. Be gentle with your skin and watch out for diys. Sugar scrubs can be harsh on your skin, due to the crystalline structure and can cause microscopic nicks in your skin. 
  • Facial masks are lovely. Facial masks can be your best friend. They're good about once a week, unless you purchase fresh ones from Lush, then you can use them more than once a week. One of my favorite ones that keep your skin feeling nice, smooth, and hydrated, is just applying plain honey to your face. Leave it there for 10-15 minutes (or longer if you'd like), then wash it off and moisturize. 
  • Use warm water. Your skin needs essential oils to stay the least bit hydrated (same with your hair) and hot water will wash away your oils. So not only is that harmful to your facial skin, but the rest of your body, especially if you like hot showers. Once in a while is nice, like a hot spring adventure or perhaps, your own hot bath with wonderful soaks, but daily is too much. 
  • Stay hydrated. Drink your 8 cups of water a day. You can substitute one or two cups with tea (plain, please), preferably green tea. Green tea is so good for your skin. It will keep you looking young. Just remember to brush your teeth soon afterwards. 
  • Let your skin take a break. Through all the makeup we put our skin through (as far as regular foundation users), we need to give our skin a break. Go a few days, weeks, or months without makeup to give yourself a fresh start. Embrace your natural look and adore your natural blush. Our minds like taking breaks, so why not our skin as well?

I hope you liked my tips and I hope that it was informative.  If you have any questions or suggestions, send them my way! (:

Comments