Cleansers Edition: Laneige

Laneige Multi Cleanser for All Skin Types, $22.00 via Target; Laneige Oil Free Liquid Cleanser for Sensitive Skin, $28.00
I've been obsessing with skin care lately and decided to dive in and grab some Laneige products. I love their balancing emulsion, although it doesn't fare well on my forehead, it provides great moisture for the rest of my face. I'll be blunt and say these two cleansers are headed back to the store. 
LANEIGE MULTI CLEANSER contains papaya enzymes to help gently exfoliate and provide brighter looking skin. It claims to have a fruity scent, but it really doesn't... At all. This cleanser works a great lather and does its job to remove impurities from your skin. I haven't necessarily tested out how well it takes off make-up, mostly because I use cleansing oils before I use regular cleansers. I use my EcoTools cleansing sponge with this cleanser and it does amazing things. It really makes my skin feel clean, but just a bit too clean. I get that "squeaky clean" feeling, which may be good to some people but I prefer not to have a squeaky face. My skin feels really dry and tight after using this cleanser, even if I'm still in the shower. It makes me feel like my face has been stripped of all of its moisture and I don't like that. It does a great job at cleansing but I think I will have to take this back. This cleanser is more ideal for people with oily skin.
LANEIGE OIL FREE LIQUID CLEANSER is a lovely cleanser for those with sensitive skin. It contains green tea, peppermint, and lemon extracts to give you a fresh feel. The cleanser has the consistency and viscosity of oil, and like oil, it doesn't lather. This cleanser doesn't have any fragrances so you don't have to worry about any disturbances. The issue, for me, is that it's TOO gentle for my liking. It kind of reminds me of Cetaphil's daily cleanser. It's so gentle that I feel like it's ineffective. I have combination dry skin. My forehead is mildly oily but my cheeks and everything else is dry. It just doesn't cut it out for me. For someone with sensitive skin, I can definitely see it working, but it just doesn't work enough for me. 
THE VERDICT: Laneige Multi Cleanser works too well. Laneige Oil Free Cleanser doesn't work well enough. 
Have you had other experiences?

Comments