Witch's Pouch POPO Lipstick in Burgundy Wine Review

Witch's Pouch POPO Lipstick in Burgundy Wine, $12.00
 Hi lovelies! If you've been following my blog lately, you'll know that I've been obsessing with MemeBox for the past... Two months. In the F/W 2014 Colors box, I received a Witch's Pouch POPO Lipstick in Burgundy Wine. This product was one of my favorites from the box and completely speaks fall fashion to me. Even more so, the packaging is too darn cute.

 Witch's Pouch is a Korean cosmetic brand. I don't know much about it, other than it popping up on MemeBox or seeing a review for it online. The POPO Lipstick is made without parabens and provides great moisture to your lips. It leaves a lovely stain on your lips, but in ways it reminds me of koolaid, with the red tint.

This lipstick is a lot lighter than I expected. It's VERY sheer but definitely buildable. The sheerness is also what makes it difficult to appear even, especially around the edges, which makes it seem kind of sloppy. The finish makes your lips look so supple and full. It's also definitely moisturizing, as it claims. I didn't feel my lips getting dry or anything. Throughout the day it does wear off but leaves a very light, yet flattering stain.
The lipstick shade is definitely a Hollywood red kind of color, except not so opaque. It's great if you're too worried about a big bold color, because this at least wears off. I was slightly disappointed in the color because it isn't as dark as the stick appears. The formulation of the pigment also makes it difficult to work with, so it's not something you can easily swipe on. Regardless, the moisturizing effects are great! I do love that about this lipstick. I am definitely keeping it, but I wouldn't repurchase it. I think that's just a preference. I'm not big on lip stains or tints, but for a person that does, I highly recommend this brand. (: What do you think?

Comments