Making the Switch: Face Products for the Eczema Prone

With winter on its way (or already here!) I have made sure to keep my skin in tip-top shape. As I've explained before, during the cold dry seasons, I get eczema on my face and I'm doing my best to prevent that from happening this year. I have lined up three holy grail facial products for winter and I hope this becomes helpful for my fellow peers with eczema. 
First up the First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream ($28.00). I first used this last winter and my gosh is it amazing. If you have severe eczema, this will burn the first time you use it, but after a day or two's use, your skin will begin to calm and within the week, your eczema will be gone. I use this for my face and neck (most common areas for me) and it does wonders. It keeps my eczema at bay and lets my skin have a nice, smooth palette for makeup and whatnot.
Next I have Hydrocortizone. I'm not noting any one in particular because they all kind of work the same. I prefer the creme over the gel because I don't like gels and stickiness on my face and neck, as it irritates me further. I always keep this with me for emergency dryness. Ha ha. Every time I go out and travel my mom packs me a tube because depending on the whether, I'll more than likely need it.
Lastly is my holy grail winter foundation, Lancome Teint Idole Ultra 24HR Foundation ($45.00). This foundation keeps my skin hydrated and moisturized throughout the day. It doesn't irritate my eczema and doesn't emphasize dry patches. It's very long wearing, but it does settle into fine lines. It has medium to full coverage and is just... absolutely lovely. It was my very first high end foundation. 
So that's it for my facial switch. For the most part, I use the same cleansers and such, but I do try to incorporate more hydrating face masks. Unfortunately I haven't found any blog-worthy as of yet, but hopefully soon! (:

Comments