The Blue Bottle: Kose Sekkisei Emulsion Review

Kose Sekkisei Emulsion, 4.7fl oz, $50.00 (available for ~$30.00 via amazon.com)
During my NYC trip I took a sub to Chinatown and made darn sure to check out the Everyday Beauty Supply store. It was filled with Korean and Japanese cosmetics; I was so overwhelmed. I feel like it's so difficult to choose which products to buy. For one, I can't read Korean and I can barely read Japanese. Even then, a lot of Japanese cosmetic items are booming with characters and I'm not sure where to even start. Ha ha. Regardless of that, I knew I wanted to find the Kose Sekkisei Emulsion, and I did.
The Kose Sekkisei Emulsion contains Vitamin C and various herbal extracts. It works to brighten and soften skin while providing light moisture. This emulsion is sought after by many, giving itself the reputation of being a Japanese favorite. 
The consistency is rather thick and when patted to absorb, it gets a tad bit sticky, but that doesn't turn me away. The emulsion is nice and lightweight and doesn't bother me too me when wearing it. It did a great job at brightening my skin and providing extra moisture. Unfortunately for me, this made me break out like none other. I've never broken out on my cheeks before but this time I broke out on my left cheek (granted it was like 2 pimples but still...). My forehead became a wreck and filled with acne. It never really healed until I quit using it for about a week and a half.
I was really bummed to have a reaction like that with this emulsion. I really wanted to like it because it worked well for many people, but unfortunately I was part of the group that it did not work well with. I've always had bad luck with products with Vitamin C in it, like the Murad Vitamin C Sunscreen and stuff. I guess it's just not for me. Ha ha. I'll probably sell this since I can't return it. What do you think?

Comments