Laura Mercier Foundation Review

I went to my local Sephora and grabbed a sample of Laura Mercier's Foundation.
I don't remember if it was the Oil-Free or Supreme foundation. All I remember is which side the foundation was on... Lol. The displays were right next to each other and all I remember was that I got the foundation from the display on the right side.
I really wanted to try Laura Mercier foundations because so many people say it's their Holy Grail foundation! I had to get a sample to test it out, so I got a sample of the shade Warm Ivory.

 Here's how it looks. My first thoughts: It's so soupy! Ha ha. It's really thin, thinner than Estee Lauder's Double Wear!

 Yay! So let's begin with a moisturized and primed face. :D

 Using a Q-tip, I dotted and drew some lines on my face. 

 As always, we're using a dampened stippling brush. Here's the Wayne Goss stippling brush.
Now, stipple away!

 Here's after the first application. It's a lot lighter than I expect. The coverage so far is really nice. I wanted to showcase another application.

At this point, I'm A LOT lighter than I should be. For this foundation, I may be in between shades. I remember trying one darker than this and it was too dark for my skin. 

I laid around the house with just the foundation on for a little while, probably an hour. And one thing I noticed was that it never dried. If I touched my face, I would get tons of the product on my fingers. Soon after it just felt super sticky. 
After about an hour I decided to go ahead and start contouring my face. I suppose I dampened my stippling brush too much because the foundation began turning milky and going all over the place! I was very disappointed. I expected more from a high-end brand. For me, personally, being in between shades, the foundation not drying, and getting milky from wetness are reasons for me not to purchase this product. Since it turned milky from water, I know I wouldn't like this during the summer season. I sweat really easily and this won't do for me. 

Comments