Wayne Goss Brush 01 Review

Good afternoon, lovelies.
I finally have come around to reviewing the luxurious Wayne Goss Brush in No. 01. 

I love the sleek design and the pure white bristles. These babies were hand-crafted in Japan and they are cruelty-free. The brush is an angled stippling brush, the lower end being about 1/2" and the higher end being about 3/4". This brush is very unique, mostly because when I think of a stippling brush, I think about loose, duo-fibre bristles for perfect blending. The description of this brush says that it's about 5mm longer than a typical stippling brush. Perhaps I've been using completely different stippling brushes? Who knows! Aside from the short bristles and slanted feature, this brush has a small diameter to work off of. 
This is the Wayne Goss Brush 01 right after washing it. Beneath that is a quarter. As you can see, I decided to display the diameter while it was slanted, since that's how you utilise the brush. The surface used for your foundation is a tad bit smaller than the diameter of a quarter. Let's do a small exercise:
Simply take a quarter and pretend you're stippling the foundation on your face. 
I don't know about you but it's a bit more work than using a regular duo-fibre stippling brush. And because of the special slanted feature, you can't stipple as much. Wayne Goss instructs you to lightly blend your foundation downwards, towards your jawline, for dry/sensitive skin. For more moderate skin, use the brush in circular motions. I utilise his tactics to try and get a feel for his brush design. I still stipple as much as I can, but for areas such as my nose, I use the downward swiping motion. 
Another advantage to this brush is the slanted feature allows you to get in small areas, like between your nostrils and cheeks, between your tearducts and nose bridge, and the like. It comes in handy. This brush can be used for mineral foundation as well, so if you have a mineral bronzer, the angled feature is perfect for a sharp bronzer application.
For my first few experiences, I experienced very little shedding from this brush. It shed about one hair for the first two uses and never again after that. Being that the bristles are white, color does stick to it a bit, mostly where it begins to get more dense, but with a bit of olive oil and dish detergent you can at least get the tips to be nice and clean again. I took a picture, like the one above, except with flash on. You can take a look at the discoloration from foundation that got in a bit too deep.
It adds some character, don't you think? 
So with the details down, how well does it work? I would say it aids in creating such a perfect complexion. Let's take a look:
So I don't have problems with pores or anything, or any problem areas that I want to conceal, but I do have dry skin. It looks pretty great, right? I used WG Brush 01 just to apply the foundation that matches my skin tone. For this look I used Revlon's Nearly Naked Foundation in No. 280, or "Chestnut Alezan" to contour my facial features. I did NOT use the WG Brush 01 for contouring. 
One thing about the WG Brush 01 is that it does a magnificent job at creating a flawless complexion. It keeps your foundation in place and absolutely gorgeous. Something it doesn't do is blend different colors very well. I mentioned earlier that the brush is ideal for mineral foundation and bronzers. I attempted to use the brush for liquid foundation, as a contouring item, and it didn't do such a great job. The more I tried to blend it, the more the darker foundation spread. It didn't blend. So I immediately stopped and used my Sephora duo-fibre stippling brush to blend the foundations and create a nice contour. That was pretty much the only fallback about this product.
With all pros and cons in mind, is it worth the $45? Well, the brush is made with extremely great quality, shedding is practically non-existent, bristles are soft and don't create streaks, and it creates flawless finishes. The drawbacks: it has a small diameter and does a poor job at blending two different-colored liquids.

The verdict:
DO IT.
I absolutely love this brush. There may be some cons to it but the results I receive are just too great. Blending two different foundations is the least of my worries, since I typically use two different brushes (or one being my BeautyBlender!) for foundation application anyway. If you can't dish out the $45, save up and make this investment or find a dupe. I hear EcoTools has a brush VERY similar in shape and size (I saw them at Walgreens!). Perhaps I'll purchase it and do a comparison. We'll see if it compares to Wayne Goss' Brush 01. 

Until next time~

Comments