L'Oreal Collection Privee Lipsticks: First Impression

Good evening everyone! 
I was recently introduced to the L'Oreal Collection Privee. It's a collection based upon nudes for celebrities. There are six shades total: Julianne Moore Barely Peach, Doutzen Kroes Barely Pink, Eva Longoria Barely Golden, Freida Pinto Barely Parma, Jennifer Lopez (Or "Cheryl" in the UK) Barely Greige.
It was difficult figuring out how to access these lipsticks. I kept searching online but with no luck! Luckily, I got some tips from other ladies! The nail polish collection is available at my local Walgreens (Chapel Hill), but the lipsticks were at CVS! So I definitely scored. The lipsticks are $9.99 each and I signed up for a CVS card to get BOGO 50% off. One thing is that I had to do a bit of searching. These lipsticks were located in a Revlon display, all the way in the back of the display. They didn't have a section in L'Oreal's display at all and they didn't even have price tags anywhere! Also, CVS only had one of each color. 
The packaging is gorgeous. It's a nice matte black container and it feels velvety. The texture and feel is similar to NARS Blush compacts! I love the gold and the signatures definitely make it feel exclusive. I bought Julianne's Nude, J. Lo's Nude, and Doutzen's Nude.



 I love the colors! Though, they're pretty sheer and I'm not sure how I feel about that.

Here are the comparisons. I really like Julianne and Jennifer's Nudes but Doutzen's is too frosty for me. It would look great on someone with blonde hair and a porcelain complexion, but that's not me. I'll be returning Doutzen's Nude. I'm debating whether or not to keep Jennifer's Nude because it seems to be super close to my lip color. I suppose it's a my-lips-but-better kind of color
The texture is nice and creamy and it comes on very nicely. But the lipstick has that generic, nasty taste and smell. I'm not sure if I like that so much. Is it worth $10 per lipstick...? Ehhh. I'm not so sure about that. I think I just have a thing for limited edition products, especially if they're hard to come by in the U.S.

What do you think about L'Oreal's Collection Privee?

Comments

  1. lovely colors!!! :)

    http://sbr-fashion-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment