bareMinerals Bareskin Pure Brightening Serum Foundation No. 7

bareMinerals Bareskin Pure Brightening Serum Foundation, $29.00
 Liquid luxuries are some of the best. You have wine, nail lacquer, amazing perfumes, and foundation. bareMinerals is most known for their powder foundations, which are great for those with sensitive skin. I have combination skin but tend to cater more to my dry areas since they're distressingly dry. Once I found out bareMinerals was coming out with a liquid foundation, I immediately made sure to grab a sample and test the waters before I decided to purchase it.
 While I was at Sephora I conducted a foundation fitting. They have a moderate range of shades and they are categorized by undertones. I say a moderate range because they don't have many darker shades for people of color. Their darkest shade is perhaps a bit close to what I would see Naomi Campbell wearing, give or take a bit lighter or darker. 
The foundation has SPF 20 and comes with a regular pump. With this foundation, you HAVE to shake it before each use. When you shake it, it sounds like paint spray bottles. Luckily, with samples you can take a peak at the actual product. I made sure to stir it around before I used it. The foundation tends to coagulate and get lumpy if you just let it sit for awhile.
The Bareskin foundation has adjustable coverage and is supposed to serve as a skin serum as well, containing antioxidants for youthful skin. It's hypoallergenic and noncomedogenic. It's also formulated without parabens, silicone, fragrance, water, and oils. To test it out, I used my trusty Wayne Goss Brush 01 and then later my BeautyBlender, in which my BB trial does not have photos.
The first photo is with the first application. The foundation feels pretty nicely and provides medium coverage. Some of my blemishes are still visible, but my face looks nice and fresh. It has a nice dewy finish while still looking natural. The second photo is after a second application. My blemishes are more well hidden but the formula begins to feel a bit thick. It took much longer to dry and the foundation felt heavy on my face. It looks a bit more cakey and thick in product, but luckily it doesn't cling to my dry areas too much. One application is more than enough.
During my trial with the BeautyBlender, the coverage was very light and it kind of felt like all the product just sank into the sponge. It definitely dispersed and deposited the foundation on my face, but it provided very sheer coverage.
I noticed the foundation doesn't do well with oil control. I noticed my forehead was much more oily than normal. As the day goes on it DOES settle into finer lines, but it's not a problem unless people are looking super up-close. Luckily, the foundation didn't make my skin feel too dry throughout the day and it survived the humid weather as of lately.
The verdict: I don't think this foundation is worth $29.00. There's nothing special about this foundation that makes me want to purchase it. It is on the cheaper end of foundations, which is good, but I'm so-so about it. It doesn't top the Estee Lauder DoubleWear, in my opinion, but it does have a dewy finish that the DoubleWear does not have. More than likely I won't purchase this product.
What do you think?

Comments