Tarte Cosmetics LipSurgence Natural Lip Stains

Tarte Cosmetics Natural Lip Stain Pencil with LipSurgence, $24.00 each
Hello everyone! You're all probably already familiar with these products but I figured a review wouldn't hurt. As you can see, one of these products is different from the other two. The LipSurgence Natural Lip TINT in Perky was given to me, barely used, from my aunt. I looked it up on Tarte's website and it's not there! I did some research and it's a limited edition product. Because it's different from Amused and Charmed, I decided I would group up the review by product type. First off, Amused and Charmed!
 The Natural Lip Stain pencils are great. Super moisturizing with just a hint of color. If you're a lip stain person, these are definitely for you. The formula is very creamy and pretty much reminiscent of other "chubby sticks" around the market. It has a minty-cool feeling upon application and wear, just like all the other ones! But these, as a stain, are definitely more sheer. Compared to the Revlon Matte Balms, it's not as pigmented but that's expected because of the product difference. These two in particular are glossy with a bit of shimmer to it. I do have to say that the wear is different depending on the color. Amused has much more of a stain or lip gloss effect and Charmed appears more like a balm with more color payoff.
 During my research for Perky, I found out it's part of the 2011 Holiday Collection. It came in a limited edition set of 5 LipSurgence pencils, filled with lusters and tints. I felt okay with receiving this product since it's been nearly untouched and I could easily clean it before trying it out. Just like the stains, it has a glossy appearance with the signature minty-cool feeling to it. Application can also be uneven because of the sheerness of the product. I do have to say this is my favorite color out of the three. I feel like the turn-out of the product is in between the stain aspect of Amused and the high pigment of Charmed. With the two combined, it adds just a bit of color without completely taking over the show.
Overall, these are great products. The effect and color-payoff may differ depending on the shade you purchase. They're super moisturizing without making your lips feel greasy or anything like that. The downfall is that they don't last long. As soon as you eat, they're off! BUT they do leave a stain, which can be problematic for Amused, since it's a purple color. It will make you look like you just had a blue popsicle. Ha ha. Is it worth $24.00? Ehh. I didn't purchase any of these. I received them all for free, so that goes to show that it's not a product I would, personally, purchase but it also isn't something I would toss out the bag. 
What do you think?

Comments