The Subtle Smokey


The Subtle Smokey eye is so often sought after but it doesn't always work out. I understand the pain. Sometimes you just want a bit of sexiness in your life so you grab the black shadow and just hope that it doesn't look like you gave yourself a black eye. Other times it just makes you look so dressed up when really you're headed to Target or just laying around the house. What do I use to get an easy smokey eye? My secret weapon is the Sumita Kala Color Intense Pencil and a smudge brush
I tend to apply my eyeshadow first. The ideal shadows to use are different colors of brown. Use a medium brown on your lids and gradually use lighter browns going towards your brow bone. Typically I use a medium brown, followed by a light peach. Apply the Sumita pencil, it doesn't have to be neat. Smudge it around, flare it out a bit to create a messy wing, and work the brush upwards. The Sumita pencil is SO intense and pigmented that I use a liquid liner just to create the wing. As you can see, the pencil is as dark as the liquid liner. To follow up, grab a black shadow to line your lower lashline. And that's it! Here's a further look:
What do you think?

Comments