Come Back Home--Make-Up Edition

Hello everyone! Over the weekend I participated in a photoshoot for one of my friends. She approached me with the idea of the photoshoot over lunch but I had no idea what to expect, honestly. The idea was to remake 2ne1's photoshoot from their "Come Back Home" video and I was going to do the make-up, as well as, model. Before this, I didn't know a thing about 2ne1 or anything of that sort. After we had lunch and I retreated back to my apartment, I became curious and figured I should look into the music video, their make-up, and the like. Within a week I found out what we would be working with and who we were going to be working with. It was kind of exciting but scary for me because I've never put make-up on anyone else. There has probably been two other occasions but they weren't serious and I had little to no technique during that time. Now that I've taken the art of make-up to a new level for myself, I figured it wouldn't hurt to try my best.
"Minzy," "Dara," "CL"
I decided to compile the photos into one. In its original size you should be able to see the make-up with a bit more detail. Unfortunately I didn't get many good BTS shots so I had to make do with what I have. My experience with this is that it is very different working on other people, quite obviously. Working on only yourself has its drawbacks when compared to working on others. When you work on yourself, you can make your eyes go in odd positions and you have control over every facial muscle. When you work on others, you need to make it work so you can be able to do what you need to do. For example, tightlining your own eyes compared to tightlining someone else. 
I think one of the most challenging things for me for this session was getting CL's tearduct liner. For that, I needed the assistance of the model. I couldn't get them even or to look nice. I wanted the boldness of the liquid liner but we had to settle for a regular liner and smudge it out. I found that getting the wings even was easiest when I was almost behind the client or right next to them. It was definitely a challenge and I have much to learn. For this shoot, the only person I applied a base to was the one playing Dara. For everyone I contoured, highlighted, did brows, and everything else. It was definitely a learning experience and I am hoping to get more skilled at this. Another thing was I was a bit disappointed by was the lack of color I was able to bring out in the photos. In the original photos, all of the colors are very vibrant and definitely there. I feel like you can't tell nearly as much with the make-up I used.
If any of you have tips for me, in regards to putting make-up on others, please comment below! :D

Comments