Purple Lips with CoverGirl

CoverGirl Lip Perfection Lipstick Queen Collection in Regal Raspberry, $8.00; Covergirl Lip Perfection Lipstickin Euphoria, $8.00
 Purple lips aren't appropriate only in autumn, but in all seasons. It's the perfect way to add not only a bit of vampiness, but also royalty to your life. You've seen swatches of these two lip colors, but how well do they fare during the day?
 I grabbed these two treasures when Walgreens was having BOGO 1/2 off for Covergirl. I saw someone on Instagram with lusciously amazing purple lips. The shade was Euphoria by Covergirl. As soon as I saw there was a sale, I went for it. I probably had 5 different lipsticks in my hands but I wanted to minimize the amount of lipsticks I was buying (have you seen that swatch post? C'mon. Lol). I was torn between a pink shade and Regal Raspberry, but the shimmer stole my heart.
These two shades are lovely and rich in color. The formula is highly pigmented and doesn't emphasize dry lips. It creates a layer over the dry areas and kind of acts like a mask, it smooths everything together. The Lip Perfection line has a "silk moisturizing complex" to moisturize your lips throughout the day. 
Regal Raspberry has a frosty, shimmery, and metallic look to it. The color reminds me of black cherries. Euphoria is a bit more on the red side of the purple spectrum.
Upon application, Regal Raspberry is rough in texture compared to other lipsticks. You can feel the shimmer pigments, but it doesn't really bother me too much. It applies a thick coat of lipstick and provides a lovely shimmer, without looking over the top. Euphoria is a bit more calm and toned down. The photo makes it seem like it's stained on my lips, but it's mainly the lighting. It's a really lovely color that gives you a calm purple you can wear any day of the week. If you want to amp up the pigment, just add a bit of black liner to it and purse your lips and it will become a light vampy purple.
Throughout the day, the lipstick didn't budge. I didn't have to reapply and it withstood my meals. My lips didn't feel too dry during the day, which is good because I forgot to apply chapstick before hand. Ha ha. One thing that needs fixing is the taste and smell. It has that typical drugstore lipstick taste and smell, yuck. Other than that, it's a great lipstick!
What do you think?

Comments