Buxom Show Some Skin Weightless Foundation


I have several samples of Buxom's Show Some Skin Weightless Foundation. It costs $34.00 for 1.5fl oz., which is more product than average. It has SPF 30 and provides light to medium coverage.The description from Sephora is as described:
"Weightless and skin-nourishing, this foundation is clinically proven to increase hydration and brighten and smooth skin while softening the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Formulated with vitamin C, tamarind seed, and marine algae extracts, its versatile coverage lasts for up to eight hours. Water encapsulation technology enables a refreshingly soft finish."
 Moisturized and primed.
 I used Dim The Light for my regular skin color and Caramel Kisses to contour.
 One application.
 Two applications of ONLY Dim The Light.

I feel like this foundation definitely has a glow to it. The finish seems more dewy than satin, but I could be wrong. The coverage is definitely light to medium. I can still see some scars and other blemishes that I have. My freckles are also still noticeable. There isn't much of a difference when and if you apply a second application. It's very nice, smooth, and so lightweight I can barely tell it's there! My skin feels soft and it doesn't seem to cling to my dry areas. I have noticed foundation clings to my dry patches below my brows but this doesn't seem to. Those areas are barely noticeably dry! 
I also loove that it has SPF 30 in there. It's a two-in-one product and definitely makes my routine easier. It's also very blendable. The formula blends with other colors perfectly, when liquid contouring. 

This is very comparable to my Holy Grail Lancome 24HR foundation. It's cheaper, has more SPF, but provides less coverage. It's very nice, lightweight, and works well with my dry skin. It also doesn't dry out quickly. I probably had the foundation dotted on my face for about 5 minutes before I actually blended it out (that's what watching FoodNetwork does to you). Once it's blended out, it dries with a perfect finish. I also want to note that compared to my Lancome foundation, my laugh lines are not as noticeable! I have deep laugh lines when I wear my Lancome foundation but with this one, the product doesn't sink in my laugh lines. Big plus!

Overall, I would definitely purchase this for a more light coverage foundation. I would use it on the go, since it also has SPF. I'm becoming quite fond of this foundation and just might purchase it soon!

Comments