Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer


 I received a sample size of Hourglass' Veil Mineral Primer when Sephora was having a "Get three luxe deluxe samples when you spend $35!" I went for it and got all three samples. (: The 1oz option for this primer costs $52, so it's on the pricey side. It's more expensive than my foundation. Ha ha.
 For starters, the formula is pretty thin. I unscrewed the cap and some fell on my finger. I didn't even notice it. Ha ha. Also, it's not clear like a lot of primers I've tried before. It feels more like a lotion than it does a primer. When comparing it to Tarte's Clean Slate primer, the Hourglass one doesn't have a mattifying aspect. I moisturize before I prime and the lotion I use sometimes look like it's leaving an oily residue, but the Tarte primer immediately mattifies it.
If you couldn't tell from the first photo, the application has holes in them. I'm not exactly sure what the purpose is, but I'm guessing it's so you can better disperse the product, instead of getting lumps here and lumps there.
From using it, I've noticed my foundation doesn't sink into my laugh lines as much. It doesn't make my skin feel flaky or dry, so I would say it's rather hydrating. It also hasn't broken me out yet. Granted, I've used it only twice so far. If anything happens, I'll be sure to update this post.
Any thoughts?

Comments