Too Faced Better Than Sex


The Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara has received a lot of great reviews lately. With all the excitement, I had to dive in and see what the fuss was about. I actually have two sample sizes of the mascara and finally came around to reviewing it. 
I went to Sephora to take a look at it, at one point, and just wanted to see it for myself. I kept hearing that it's heavy, compared to other mascaras. And to be honest, it is. It's a bit heavier than your normal mascara and it's packaged in a sturdy container. I also love the pink! Too Faced always packages their products in some sort of pink tone. Maybe that's why I'm so drawn to them... Ha ha.
Here's how the wand looks like. It's a slight hourglass shape. Whenever I put it back into the container, it doesn't seem to put too much excess product onto the rim of the container, which is a good thing. I really don't like mascara on the rims of my containers. The formula is very thick, but it has a moderate drying time. It's also not too heavy. When compared to Tarte's Lights Camera, Lashes, it's much lighter and doesn't drag my lashes down. It also dries more quickly than Tarte's.
 Here's just with lash conditioner.
 After one coat. I fee like it's sightly clumpy. I've always had bad luck with thick mascaras. I think it's my lashes. I have a few mascaras that really WOW me, but the formula of those mascaras is much thinner and light.
After two coats. For me, it doesn't seem like adding another coat benefits the volume of my lashes. I always make sure to comb my lashes after mascara application 
Overall, I'm not too impressed with this mascara. I would use it to add volume to my lashes, but it doesn't have the WOW factor for me. I feel like it would do better if you have lashes that are well-put together... For example, already-curly lashes or fluttery lashes. Mine aren't the ideal lashes and they tend to have issues. Ha ha. 
What's your opinion?

Comments