Laura Geller Air Whipped Bronzer in Cocoa Beach

Laura Geller Beauty Air Whipped Bronzer in Cocoa Beach, 0.75fl oz, $30.00
 HauteLook had a Laura Geller event some weeks ago and I ordered the Air Whipped Bronzer. I've heard great reviews about this product. I've been given the impression that cream contouring is some of the best and creates the best effect. I decided to give this a shot. The product was on sale at HauteLook for $9.00, with about $7 in shipping and handling. It also comes with a brush! You get 0.75fl oz of product for $30.00 at regular price. It comes in two shades: Cocoa Beach and South Beach. Cocoa Beach is the deeper of the two shades, and my choice of product.
The Air Whipped Bronzer comes in a matte metallic dome container, which I kind of fine unnecessary because it takes up room in my make-up trunk. Lol.
 The container has a plastic cap to help keep it from drying out. It has a cute little handle which makes it easier to take off. At first I just thought it was another plastic film but it surprised me. Ha ha.
 I really like the bronzed look of this bronzer (I know, right?). It has gold specks when you look at it in the light, which is quite beautiful. The color of the swatch is also great. I prefer deep colors when contouring and this is perfect.
One thing I couldn't get over was how sparse the product looks. I'm glad I got this for $9.00 because I wouldn't pay $30.00 for this little of product. It looks clumped and kind of dry. It's pretty disappointing because in all the photos for this product, the container is filled to the rim!
 The brush is a good size. It has nice, soft bristles that don't tug at your skin or anything. I was a bit skeptical about this brush because it didn't look like it could pick anything up. It has a lovely matte finish, just like the packaging of the actual product.
So this product is a bit tough to blend out. As you can see in the photo directly above. I used the brush it did a beautiful job! But when you try to even out the product, it looks even more and more uneven. I think I need to get used to the product a bit more and perhaps I can perfect the technique. I applied some using the brush and then blended it out with my fingers, trying to warm up the product. It blended nicely on my hairline but the hollow of my cheekbones proved more difficult. Ha ha.
Overall, I'm liking the product. Unfortunately the brush is rendered useless since it's best to use your fingers (the directions instruct you to use your fingers). Though, the product amount isn't much for the price paid so I'm reluctant, but luckily Laura Geller comes on HauteLook often enough. I probably won't run out of product any time soon so I'm good. Ha ha. After using it a few times, I find that it is easier to use your fingers and apply the bronzer in small strokes. It's truly a beautiful product, especially with summer rolling around.
What do you think of this product?

Comments