Taking Care of Your Skin During That Time of the Month

As we know taking care of your skin is a necessity, and so is finding the right products. During that time of the month, you have to take even more precautions because of different hormone levels and the fact that you probably break out more during this time. I want to provide some helpful tips for skin care during these times of distress. This is suitable for most skin types and the products mentioned are a-okay even for dry skin.

Vichy Normadern Acne-Prone Skin Daily Deep Cleansing Gel, 6.7fl oz, $18.00
To start off with, during the week I enjoy using Vichy's Normaderm Cleansing Gel. I use it at least once a day, typically in the morning. I wet my face and steam it just slightly with my Suki washcloth. This cleanser works such a great lather so I just apply some to my washcloth and ruffle it a bit to get some bubbles going. I use my washcloth to apply it to my face, rinse the cloth, then wipe off the cleanser with the washcloth. Using this method ensures you won't get any bedtime oils from your hands to your face. Sometimes if I want a bit of deeper cleansing, I apply the cleanser with my washcloth, wring out the cleanser, and run my washcloth under hot water. After doing that I lay the cloth over my face until it cools down then rinse off the cleanser. 
If you're worried about using this because it's specified for acne-prone skin, fear not. I usually don't break out until the week before I begin menstruating. It's best to take precautions before your actual cycle begins. The cleanser doesn't dry out your face and it's great for sensitive skin (it even says it on the bottle!). To tell you the truth, I really like this cleanser. I had an ugly zit that I ended up popping and eventually it came back to haunt me, but then I used this cleanser. Within a few days, the zit was gone and the blemish that could have been bad was barely there!
Vichy Normadern Anti-Shine Mattifier, 1.01fl oz., $25.00
Next up is acne treatment. This acne treatment is a mattifier with acne fighting ingredients--salicylic acid. It can be put all over the face or be used a spot treatment. Luckily, I haven't had to use this yet, to be quite honest. I am loyal to the brand the cleansing product of the same skin concern line.
Again, remember to moisturize after using these products! Here are a few other tips for that time of the month:
  • To prevent or minimize cramps, drink only warm beverages a week in advance.
  • Spicy foods can also induce cramps, try to limit your intake of spicy foods during this time.
  • In the event it's a heavy week, eat foods high in iron to maintain your body's internal balance.
  • Be patient with your skin and treat it with care.

Comments