Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush


During my trip to Walgreens, I also snagged this Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush in Orchid Hush. I loved the purple tint it had and I really just wanted to wait until there was a sale going on. Luckily, for Walgreens' Week of Beauty, Maybelline was all 30% off! I got this for roughly $6, which is quite a deal. I think these are like $9, give or take a few cents. 
I've used Maybelline's Bouncy Blush a SUPPERRRR long time ago, before the packaging and name changed. I think back then it was more of a mouse, which I really liked. It was easy and pigmented. I have mixed feelings about this one. But we'll get to that later.
The Dream Bouncy Blush is superr soft. It's like bread, which is a really bad comparison. It just says in place but when you poke it it just moves and goes back to its place. Maybe more like memory foam. I think that's a better comparison. Ha ha. It's super soft and unlike any other product I've tried before. The product comes on incredibly sheer. I just felt like taking the blush and applying it directly to my face instead of using my fingers. Ha ha ha. I definitely put a dent in the blush trying to get it to show in photos. In person, it's noticeable and truly just a tint of color. The purple tint was very subtle but flattering.
Here's a photo! As you can see, it's barely noticeable. Next time I might try no bronzer, or a lighter colored bronzer so I can focus on the blush. The color is perfect but the sheerness of the product is what's drawing me back. I'm debating whether or not I should return the item. It's definitely not worth $9, in my opinion. I haven't found any other drugstore blushes that have a pretty pinkish lavender color so I'm tempted to keep this.
What do you think?

Comments