L'Oreal Magic Nude Liquid Powder


 During my trip to Walgreens, with the BOGO 50% off L'Oreal products, I purchased the L'Oreal Magic Nude Liquid Powder foundation. I first became interested after seeing the lovely glass bottle and purple cap. It's such a beautiful bottle. I watched a first impression video by Wayne Goss and wasn't sure if I was so impressed just yet. After seeing many comparisons between L'Oreal Magic Nude and Giorgio Armani's Maestro, with L'Oreal being the winner, I had to have it. I've underestimated drugstore make-up for the longest time. The only things I've really purchased from drugstore brands are a few e.l.f. products, Sonia Kashuk, and back in middle school some liners and mascara. It was time I try out foundation so a friend and I went to Walgreens and I set out to purchase this foundation. Luckily, I had an excuse: I am in search of a summer foundation, with sheer coverage in comparison to my Lancome. 
L'Oreal Magic Nude Liquid Powder retails for $12.95 for 0.91fl oz. You get less than the standard amount of foundation--1fl oz. I was hesitant for the longest time because I felt like the price was pretty steep for a drugstore foundation. $13.00, really? I had a $1.00 off coupon that I put to use and it helped me save a bit of money, no doubt. They have a total of 12 shades, ranging from porcelain skin tones to more caramel skin tones. They don't seem to have much for darker tones, but perhaps that will change with Lupita becoming the face of Lancome (maybe that will make a difference for L'Oreal as well?).
 As seen one of the ingredients is octinoxate, which seems to have sunscreen as its purpose. If you didn't see before, the Magic Nude foundation has a SPF level of 18, which is a bit higher than the BAAARE minimum to protect yourself from harmful rays. This is always a plus in my book. Some is better than none. I prefer a one-step product so that way I don't have to use a moisturizer and a sunscreen, or moisturizer, sunscreen, and foundation. By that point, I feel like I'm clogging my pores. Luckily, the Usana Daytime Emulsion I've been using has some SPF, so topping that plus this makes me feel a bit more secure, though I don't think they add off on each other.
Now on to the application. The formula is very liquidy. You can shake the bottle and already tell. It's also recommended, or required, to shake the bottle before application. You don't need much at all to cover your whole face. I probably poured out 1/2 teaspoon, or 1/4 teaspoon in my hand and it was enough for me to apply two coats of foundation to my face! Ha ha. So be careful whenever you pour the product out! It also recommends you to apply it with your hands for best results because the liquid formula doesn't make it ideal to apply with tools. It would just soak right in! When I purchased this, the cashier told me it has a silicone feel to it, but in a good way. It definitely felt nice and silky.
As you can see, the formula is sheer but good enough to cover up minor blemishes. I'm very impressed! You can definitely still see some freckles when up close and personal. It feels so lightweight, like it's barely there! I've read that the formula is ideal for oily skin but I have no issue with it. Though, this could be partially because I wore the Usana Daytime Emulsion, which leaves me a bit oily/greasy until the product fully sinks in. This could have aided the formula in working for my dry skin. Also, I actually forgot to use primer before applying the foundation, but it seems to stick really well even without primer. So if primer isn't your thing, no worries! It definitely has a natural look, which is just what I was looking for! I like it more than the Buxom Show Some Skin Weightless foundation. I think the coverage is about the same, but this definitely feels more light and with a thinner consistency. You can't really get more coverage out of it even with more applications. It does have the potential to look more full coverage. After concealor application (undereyes, nose, and a tad bit beneath the cheek hollow), the face looks more seamless.
The foundation also has a slight smell of alcohol to it. It's not really anything that bothers me, but if you're sensitive to scents, it might bother you. I don't know if it's enough to sting any small cuts or if you have acne anywhere, so that's unfortunate that I can't let any of you know.
A few things to address:
  • Depending on how you apply it, some streaks can be visible so be careful with how you apply it.
  • The foundation does stick to dry areas and will emphasize white heads, initially.
I suffer from white heads and this foundation seems to make them more noticeable. After about half an hour, though, it isn't as prominent and things are fine and dandy.
Overall, I'm lovingggg this foundation. I think this is almost holy grail status. I just need to wear it one more time and I think it will make holy grail status. It's amazinggg but pricey for a drugstore foundation. Though, I feel like it's definitely worth it. 
What do you think of the L'Oreal Magic Nude Foundation?

Comments

  1. I've been eyeing this foundation for a few weeks now. Since summer is approaching, I don't want to wear heavy makeup, especially during my visit to NC! Thanks to your review, I went out & bought it this morning ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo! Let me know how it goes! :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment